Hepatitis C: Don’t neglect!
Hepatitis C type hepatitis caused by virus, can be transmitted when the blood of people infected with the hepatitis C virus enters the body of someone not infected. About 70-80% of those who suffer from hepatitis C without any expression.
1. Symptoms of hepatitis C
After hepatitis C virus in the body, they have the incubation period is quite long (about 7 – 8 weeks), following phase this is the period of onset. The case of hepatitis C acute, usually have distinctive symptoms, only to find there are a number of clinical symptoms as follows:
- Headache, fatigue, and has a number of manifestations just like the flu.
- A number of cases have manifested disorders of the gastrointestinal tract such as anorexia, abdominal pain, pain news the right upper quadrant (the area of the liver).
- Click interstitial intercostal 11 – 12 right side the patient will feel discomfort, pain news. The reason for the pain is due to liver swelling, inflammation, makes the outer membrane of the liver is stretch.
- Stock yellow eyes, yellow skin, urine colored water as robusta due to liver inflamed make the path of bile in the liver injury and make pigment bile stasis stagnation.
However, the above symptoms sometimes only mild illness, not to be overlooked, though the liver are in the inflammatory phase very heavy. Stage of disease development can last about 6 – 8 weeks, then the disease will go away without treatment. However, the case of only 15 – 30% of cases. The rest will become healthy people carry the hepatitis C virus (i.e., after 6 months the body is not excreted by the hepatitis C virus) or transformed into people with hepatitis C, chronic.
2. Hepatitis C is contagious?
Hepatitis C is typically transmitted when the blood of people infected with the hepatitis C virus enters the body of someone not infected. Today, most people infected with this disease is due to shared use of needles or other paraphernalia to inject drugs.
Hepatitis C Virus can be transmitted according to the path below:
- Sharing needles or other paraphernalia to inject drugs with a person who has hepatitis C virus;
- Medical staff suffer needlestick while working;
- You were born from mother who carries virus of hepatitis C;
- Shared some items with the person carrying the hepatitis C virus (such as razors, toothbrushes,…);
- Sex with carriers of the virus hepatitis C.
However, there is no evidence that infected with hepatitis C virus due to mosquito bites or insect bites. Because the disease does not have pronounced symptoms, so most patients don’t realize is that they were infected and could unknowingly let the disease spread in the community.
However, very easy to spread and has many dangerous complications, but hepatitis C is curable if detected early, treatment the right medication and the right way. Treatments popular today is that the drug inhibits the virus in combination with interferon new generation.
2. Harmful effects of hepatitis C
Cirrhosis of the liver
Complications first of hepatitis C not to mention cirrhosis of the liver. Many people believe that cirrhosis of the liver occurs due to alcohol-but any condition cause liver damage for many years can cause cirrhosis of the liver and form scar tissue. Scar tissue will take a long time, about 20-30 years to liver damage leading to cirrhosis. If the condition cirrhosis of the liver not treated properly, the risk of liver failure is very high.
When the liver is cirrhosis, due to hepatitis C virus cause will hurt the healthy cells that make up the scar and create the fibrous tissue. They slow the flow of blood through the liver, causing stasis of blood in the veins of the digestive system. In the early stages of cirrhosis often only the expression is very vague, such as fatigue, loss of appetite or mild pain in right abdomen, but sometimes don’t have any expression whatsoever. A common complication of liver cirrhosis is portal hypertension, in which increased pressure in the portal vein, where help transport blood between the organs of the digestive system and liver.
When is cirrhosis of the liver due to hepatitis C, if untreated, the disease will progress increasingly more serious, because the scar tissue due to the virus causing continued development for liver function, impaired walking, long gradually lead to liver failure. Liver failure is manifested by the signs very serious, such as jaundice, yellow eyes, pissing up, limb swelling, ascites, personality changes.
Cirrhosis and liver failure due to hepatitis C virus is the very serious complication and the antiviral treatment is working extremely necessary and important to dispose of the virus to prevent the complications and when was cirrhosis, liver failure, then liver transplantation is the method recommended for use.
In addition to complications of cirrhosis and liver failure hepatitis C virus also causes liver cancer. This is a late complications and the most dangerous of diseases of liver bile. When infected with the hepatitis C virus, the risk of liver cancer won 12 times compared with those not infected and in fact liver cancer usually occurs in people with cirrhosis.
Besides, the elements have the effect of increasing the risk of liver cancer due to hepatitis C, including alcohol abuse, smoking, HIV infection, obesity, high content of iron in the liver.
Hepatitis C in addition to attack and destroy the liver, the complications of the disease also affect other parts and other systems in the body. Because while infected with hepatitis C virus then the can form antibodies to combat, the resistance can this create the reaction caused the harm to other organs of the body such as kidney damage, numbness, tingling, and pain due to nerve damage, joint pain, skin rashes, ulcers. In addition, hepatitis C can also increase the risk of developing other diseases, including diabetes mellitus, depression…
At general hospital, international Vinmec Hai Phong technical Ultrasonic elasticity of liver tissue to help accurately assess the degree of liver fibrosis/progression for the hepatitis C cause.
Ultrasonic elastic tissue of the liver is technically non-invasive, accurate assessment of degree of liver cirrhosis, cheap price. Technique of ultrasound tissue elasticity liver at Vinmec Hai Phong has many advantages such as:
- System ultrasound machine LOGIQE 9 modern. This is a system of ultrasound images powerful and flexible meet wide range of needs, visits general. With advanced capabilities, intuitive, LOGIQ E9 enables you to use professional tools to get great photos and help to make visits convenient
- New technology using Shear Wave : this is a technology that allows measurement of elastic energy of the model in a qualitative manner and quantitative through the color-coding along with the value of the elasticity in units of pressure Kpa.
- The measuring of the elastic demand model using Shear Wave allows users to actively staking survey on ultrasound image. Images obtained during the survey can easily be marked and tracked.
- Doctor professional experience: – dr. Doan Xuan Birth; Doctor, CKI Nguyen Dinh Hung; Dr. – Doctor of The…
To learn more about the technique of ultrasound tissue elasticity liver in a general hospital international Vinmec Hai Phong, You can contact our HOTLINE: 0225 7309 888 or book online HERE.